It has been over 3 weeks now that the protests of the call to end SARS started across Nigeria and just a few days ago, fire was opened by the army soldiers and policemen on the protesters at the Lekki Tollgate in Lagos.
Tragedy struck when the security operatives, made up of policemen and soldiers, in a bid to disperse #EndSARS protesters reportedly opened fire on the teeming youths around 7pm on Tuesday. The violence escalated on Wednesday, with many facilities across the country burnt down by hoodlums.
ALL THESE GONE IN LAGOS STATE.
1. Nigeria Port Authority Lagos – set ablaze
2. Orile Police Post, Lagos – set ablaze
3. Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos – totally destroyed
4. BRT Terminal, Oyingbo – New Buses set on fire
5. Television Continental, Ketu, Lagos – set ablaze
6. VIO, FRSC Office, Ojodu – FRSC branded cars, generators set ablaze.
7. BRT Terminal, Ojodu, Lagos – buses set ablaze.
8. BRT Bus at Berger – set ablaze
9. Lagos Television, Agidingbi, Ikeja – shut down
10. Recreational Center, Oregun, Lagos – set on fire.
11. Oba’s Palace, Lagos – burnt to ashes. His scepter of authority seized.
12. Sanwo Olu Mother’s House, Surulere, Lagos – set ablaze
13 Kings college on fire
14. Many lives lost already to the protests all in Lagos and south west.
15. Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos burnt
16. GTBank Branches burnt down
17. AccessBank Branches burnt down
18. Channels Television shut down
19. Ajeromi Local Govt Secretariat
20. Lagos-Island Local Govt destroyed
21. Lagos-Island East LCDA Secretariat set on fire
22. Lagos Mainland Local Govt Secretariat Destroyed
23. Ibeju Lekki LCDA Secretariat destroyed
24. Sanwoolu’s Uncle’s house on Lagos Island.
25. Ejigbo LCDA burn.
26. Many local council SECRETARIATS burn down now. in Lagos state.
Lekki tollgate shootings on people
Several Yoruba heritage buildings and private properties burnt down and you still believe this is about protest or fall out from Army’s shooting🤦🏽♂️… Someone or people somewhere have declared war on Lagos State and by extension on the South-West. Only a fool will clap while his father’s house is being destroyed.
At the rate the protests are going, despite all the torturing and killings of the protesters, one can see that Nigerians are now tired and say enough is enough! The youth are ready to die for their country for the future generations. The government has let the people down from economic issues to no electricity and water to health to security. The majority of the Nigerians live on a basis of hand to mouth. It is a struggle.
Many artists took out to the streets once again to join the protests such as Davido, Wizkid, Burnaboy and the like. Many public international figures as well such as Hilary Clinton, Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Idris Elba and Naomi Campbell have all denounced the shootings and shown their solidarity with the people of Nigeria.
Many local churches from all denominations and beliefs have also supported the #EndSARS movement and have gone to the streets to pray with the people for a better Nigeria. They have called on and urged the President of Nigeria, Muhamadu Buhari to come out and talk to the youths and people of Nigeria as a father and put a stop to all this or to simply step down because he has disappointed the people.
Rumors say that he went to the United States of America where he has got a house. From Wednesday protesters were seen in front of his house which was being protected by the US police. Protests have been planned for this weekend by the Nigerian community in the US to be held in front of the Nigerian Embassy in Washington and different consulates across the country.
Nigeria and the youths are crying out to the different nations of the world to come and intervene. Enough is enough. The protesters are targeting the political class and security forces because they are the ones that take all the riches of the country and leave breadcrumbs to the rest of the people. The youths are the most frustrated especially due to the dwindling economy that has led to them becoming prostitutes and internet scammers.